Friday, July 15, 2011

Back home from Vacation!

Wow! It's amazing how much you have to catch up on after a vacation and we were only gone for a week! I can't wait to check out all of the new blog posts. I probably won't be able to leave my computer for hours! :)
I wanted to share some things from my vacation because I know I'm always looking for good books or places to go.
We live in MI and decided to go down to Florida to Disney. My husband LOVES Disney and went there every year when he was young. I like it too, but he LOVES it! So we went down and stayed at the Dolphin. We really like staying there because we always manage to get good deals on rooms  and - the best part -  we can walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. They also have a boat to both as well, but we usually just walk.
Anyway, we drove down and used this book:



This book is AWESOME! The man who wrote it gives you tips on places to stop, eat and stay. We've tried quite a few of his ideas and are never disappointed. It makes the trip so much fun when you can get out of the car and stop at some fun places. It also helps when he recommends places to stay, because we all know when you pull off onto an exit, that can be scary! But what I've enjoyed the most are his recommendations for restaurants. We have found some of the neatest places that we never would've tried if we hadn't been reading his book. My absolute favorite place is The Apple Cake Tea Room in TN. It's this cute little log cabin type place and inside you'll see quilts on the walls, teapots all around and you'll feel like you're at someone's house for lunch! LOVE it! (Especially the banana bread - so YUMMY!)





So anyway, we had a great time, but I'm always happy to be back home. I'm hoping to start making some new units soon. I'm sure I'll be in school mode soon! :)

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment