Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Owls, Cheron and Random...

Hi everyone! I wish I could blog more often. I have good intentions, but especially in the summer, it's just hard. I do still think about school, however. I've already seen some back to school sales, but I made myself stay away! (For at least a little longer!)
I've been working on a few things for TPT. There are so many stinkin' cute owls out there, it makes me want to change my classroom theme! I finished this Owl Activity Pack today. Click on the pic to check it out on TPT.


I also made a Chevron theme pack. Click on the pic below if you'd like to take a peek!


In other news, I watched The Men Tell All and I really think Sean might be the next Bachelor, after Roberto of course! I also wonder if a guy like Kalon can be for real?
I wasn't feeling well earlier this week, so I was watching some of our recorded shows, and I came across one that my hubby watches. It's called Impractical Jokers. It has these 4 guy friends and they have to do really embarassing things. It was actually pretty funny. Really immature and ridiculous, but it made me laugh and that's what I needed! (I also needed some Reese's peanut butter cups. I may or may not have eaten half a bag.)

Now here is a freebie for you! I made these little owl treat labels because I'm in love with owls right now! I think they would be perfect for the beginning of the year. Click on the first picture to grab the freebie!



The first one was hole punched with ribbon put through it - that was for you, Jaime. She always makes everything super cute. The second one was more like what I might do, a staple through a bag. :)

My hubby and I were looking for funny movies to buy/rent. What is your favorite funny movie? Write it in a comment below along with your email and I will randomly pick two people to win the Owl and Chevron items from TPT!

15 comments:

  1. OMG one of my two fave things: Chevron and Owls!! Too cute!! I love the little treats for the students. Have you and your hubby seen Bridesmaids?? We loved it! :)

    thepolkadotowl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Impractical Jokers! My husband got me into it. Like you said, it's really immature & ridiculous, but it's still hilarious!! :) I second that you buy "Bridesmaids". My husband & I have watched it several times & we still crack up every time.
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Baby Mama.(guilty pleasure)
    Amy Poehler is hilarious in it.

    Owls are another favourite of mine.
    "Owl keep my fingers crossed that I win!"

    Renee mini_re13@hotmail.com
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you choose just one funny movie? I'm a huge Christopher Guest fan so I can watch This is Spinal Tap and Best in Show over and over again. I'm doing my room in an owl theme this year too!

    Glad you are enjoying your summer.

    jen_murphine@hotmail.com
    www.teachinginthecouv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those owls are too cute! I love that idea of a little goody bag for our Meet the Teacher night which is the night before the first day of school! Ummm movies? We're not really big on comedies at my house, so I can't really recommend any. If you had asked about horror, kid's movies or action I could have hooked you up though :)

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely understand when you say it's hard to blog in the summer. I had all intentions of blogging and posting all summer long. I just couldn't get motivated. I think now I am staring to get motivated with school only two and half weeks away. By the way, I love the owl theme.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've started incorporating some owls into my classroom! Love them:)

    Some of my favorite, guaranteed to make me laugh movies are The Hangover (the first, not second) and Bridesmaids!

    ashleyhenwood24@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to redo my comment...I had to make some profile changes. I'm not trying to enter twice! I loooove owls! I just started up a new blog and came across yours. Owls are part of my classroom theme. As for movies...Couples Retreat, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Hitch are all great!

    keepcalmandappleon@gmail.com

    keepcalmandappleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything owl themed! :)
    I would have to say my favorite funny movie of all time is "Elf". Hilarious anytime of the year!
    Bforbes89@gmail.com
    TeachPrayLove

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the owls! Adorable!

    My husband and I love to watch Anchorman (can't wait for the second one) and Talladega Nights. It's not unusual for us to watch those when we are bored or just need a good laugh. (My husband always threatens that he is going to get us kicked out of an Applebee's . . .) =)
    mskari81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your owl tags are too cute! (I snatched my copy!) You often see end of year treats, but not too many beginning of the year. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower...stop by sometime ;)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! I used these to make my back to school gifts. They came out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bird on a Wire --funniest movie! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bird on a Wire --funniest movie! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete