Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ahhh...it's Saturday!

I know that many have a 3-day weekend, but in my district only the kids get the day off. We have PD. So I only have 2 days, but I love Saturdays. I don't even know what I'm doing today and that's okay!! It's COLD here in MI, so we'll be trying to stay warm.

We weighed in on Friday for our Biggest Loser contest at work. I lost 2.4 lbs this week. I'm pretty happy about it! :)

I really wish I could attend some of these fun meet-ups. We need a MI meet-up!

I went some more Dollar Trees, continuing to look for animals for my unit. Found a few, but also found some other great things! Check this out:


It WAS a goal chart, but yesterday, it became a super fun game board! I laminated it so that I could use it for many things. Yesterday, we were working on reading the whole word, including the suffixes at the end. They had to roll a die and then read a word card. If they read the word correctly, they could move the number of spaces they rolled. It was a blast!

I also found a pack of 50 foam dice! So excited because I have so many ways to use these.


We used them for the space game because I find that games can be over very quickly depending on what is rolled. I made the die so that it only had 1s and 2s on it. The game lasted a lot longer! I will also use these for word families and sight words.

Since we won't be in school Monday, we started reading about MLK. We completed the cutest project found here. (It's the yellow paper with the painted hands.)
Of course I forgot to take pics of our completed work, but they are precious! We wrote about our dreams for our classroom. Some of their ideas:
  • To follow the Golden Rule.
  • To have a peace table where we can solve our problems. (Love this!)
  • To be helpful and kind to our friends.
I made this to go inside~
~and I put their picture in the left hand corner.

Enjoy the weekend!
:) Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment