Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Math, Mammals, Mother's Day and a Mile-high frosting MESS!

Happy Tuesday! Today was one of those days where I not only stopped for a coffee drink before work, but also after. I really needed it, but that is not a habit I want to start! (It was yummy though. Love me some Starbucks AND Tim Horton's!)

So we've been busy identifying and counting coins using Money Man to help us. Here is a little sheet that I made to help my first graders with our money unit. They keep it on their desk. My little Sam even thanked me this morning and said that it really helps her! Yay!

Money clipart courtesy of Ginger Snaps.
We've also been learning about mammals. Here is a little sorting activity I created (<3 Freebie! <3).


There was a lot of debating going on over whether some of the animals were mammals. It was great!Here is a pic of a completed mammal page:


Jaime from What's the Buzz, created the most adorable Mother's and Father's Day craftivities! They are now on TPT. I'm so lucky to work with someone so creative and I can't wait to try these with my kiddos! :) Click on the pics below to check them out.



And finally, the mile-high frosting mess!!! I cannot eat regular cupcakes since I follow a gluten-free diet, but I have a parent helper that comes in quite often so when someone came to my room handing out cupcakes, I told them to set it on my desk and I'd give it to her. But then I forgot about it, reached over to grab something and didn't realize that I had frosting all down my sleeve. So since I didn't realize it, I also didn't realize that I was wiping it all over the front of my shirt or down the front of my pants. If you were to look at this cupcake, you would see that it looks fine, it looks like someone just licked a little of the frosting. That's how much frosting was on this cupcake. Crazy! I, on the other hand, was covered. Not kidding. So I think my shirt is ruined and it is one of my faves. And the worst part, I didn't even get to eat the cupcake. At least then maybe it would've been worth it! Sigh...

Hope your week is going well. Tomorrow is already Wednesday! Yay!



2 comments: