Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ahh Thursday...

Leading me to my favorite day!!! I'm ready for the weekend!

We are busy learning about plants this week. We are using the plant unit from First Grade Hip, Hop Hurray and our first graders LOVE it. It is on TPT and only $3.00! If you need a plant unit, this is the one for you! I love it when I buy a unit and it's just what I'm looking for!

We did ACES, All Children Exercise Simultaneously, yesterday. We had the whole school in the cafeteria doing Just Dance 3. Oh my. I don't have a Wii, so I had never played, but I would seriously need to put it in slow motion to keep up. I was so proud when I could finally do some of the arm movements and then they started adding footwork! What? Ok, so I'm totally uncoordinated. It wasn't pretty!!! The kids LOVED it, however!

We are also working on our writing for Mother's Day. I love the ideas they come up with.
 Like this:




Is that precious or what? If you still need a quick Mother's Day craft w/writing, my Mother's Day project is available here.

Jaime, from What's the Buzz, and I made little gifts for our first graders last year that said, "You are O-fish-ally a Second Grader!"
I'm not sure where the idea came from, but we loved it. She made labels and a has a template in her TPT store and it's FREE! Click on the picture below to check it out. Thanks for the freebie, Jaime! :)



 Enjoy your Friday! :)


2 comments:

  1. Love the writing idea for Mother's Day! I am now following and I'd love it if you did the same! I'm just starting this blogging business! :)
    Thanks!
    JennyB
    Funtastic Fun in First Grade

    ReplyDelete