Friday, May 13, 2011

Dog-gone Fun!

For the rest of the year, we are looking at characters and getting into "Character Clubs". Frog and Toad is one of them, check out Jaime's Frog and Toad Unit HERE if you haven't already. It's frog-tastic!

This week, we read Henry and Mudge and I made a unit to go with it. It has activities about the characters, retelling, a short nonfiction book with a response activity, a glyph, a snack mix and MUCH more! My kids loved the books and the activities. Anything with dogs or cats and you've won them over. We had our snack mix one day and they were dogs for the rest of the day. It was so much fun and this is the perfect time of year for this unit! Check it out at my TPT store! It's on sale for you right now! Here are a few pictures:



:) Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I was wondering how you got those text boxes to be rounded?
    -Allyson
    stickersandstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the Autoshapes at the bottom of my Microsoft Word - it's like a drawing program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following you, and you are now on my sidebar!!

    Jen
    www.frogtasticfirstgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete