Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fun ways to practice counting!

Some ways that we practice counting -
  • I don't know where I got the idea, but I have pairs of socks up on a clothesline in my room. We use those to practice counting by 2s. We stand up and punch each number by crossing over our body.
  • We just started using hand clapping to practice counting by 2s, 5s, 10s and now even counting backward! (You know like with Miss Susie or Miss Mary Mack) - They LOVE it! We start with the easiest, just clap and hit each other's hands. Then we try other claps. They always ask to do it!
  • As they walk down the hall to wherever we're going, we count. (This also helps them to stay pretty quiet in the hall!) We usually count by 1s, but if we count by anything else, they just start over after 110.
Fun! What do you do to practice counting?

FYI - I extended my TPT sale (through Wednesday) because of the problems with the site last night. Click HERE to check out my economics unit. It is 20% off and if you add the TPT discount of 20% (TAD11), that's 40% off!

:) Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment