Friday, September 30, 2011

TGIF!

SO glad it's Friday. Maybe that's why I was inspired to make another little treat for my peeps at school. Check it out:
It says, "S'more treats for my peeps." I recently tried Peeps in place of regular marshmallows in S'mores and I have to say they are yummy!
We've had some apple-icious days in first grade this week. Thanks to Pinterest, I had all new ideas this year, but not enough time, so I saved some for next year. We made Cara's applesauce today...big hit, they were begging for more and our room smelled SO good the whole day.
I also made some apple/shape activities for our math tubs, but I'm having a problem with Google Docs. Every time I upload a PDF, it changes the font to something strange. Does anyone know how to fix this? Here is one of my math tub activities (font changed to Comic Sans so that you can see it):

I cut out pieces of yarn and put in baggies to use as worms. They rolled a die and took that many worms and put them on the first apple. They did the same with the second apple and then added the numbers on their recording sheet.

:) Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! Google docs is testy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apple game! Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://thesilverlininginteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute activity. My kids will have fun with this one. Thanks for sharing.
    http://firstgradehoneybunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete